My second week in the lab went well, although the machine that is basically the sole purpose of my trip here was having “never seen this before” problems, and thus after all the prepping I can’t run my samples … A wee bit frustrating, but I still have lots of time, and lots of samples to prep, so I’ll just have to run them all later.
This weekend I stayed mainly at Joel and Cindy’s Lakehouse, and enjoyed 2 lazy days of reading in the sun and going for swims to cool down. The family was busily renovating parts of the house, and sometimes I helped a little when they needed an extra pair of hands. They also took me waterskiing, I tried it out this time and managed a record of 4 seconds on skis after 6 tries, with water splashing right through my brain, or so it felt. But it was great fun, although I couldn't believe how exhausted I was after being pulled on a rope just 6 times. And sore the next day.
This weekend I stayed mainly at Joel and Cindy’s Lakehouse, and enjoyed 2 lazy days of reading in the sun and going for swims to cool down. The family was busily renovating parts of the house, and sometimes I helped a little when they needed an extra pair of hands. They also took me waterskiing, I tried it out this time and managed a record of 4 seconds on skis after 6 tries, with water splashing right through my brain, or so it felt. But it was great fun, although I couldn't believe how exhausted I was after being pulled on a rope just 6 times. And sore the next day.