Saturday, 10 April 2010

A photo collage

Some photos that I took over the last week

My luggage ...
Vancouver ... beautiful as usual!

The Easter egg that my aunt's mother made for me. She somehow put parsil leaves on the egg, covered it with onion and the onion coloured the egg around the parsil. I felt a bit strange eating my egg at the airport, but I couldn't bring it into NZ
At the airport I bumped into a flight to Amsterdam. As if two universes came together
I LOVE Vancouver airport. This new recreation area is just wonderful. They even have an aquarium
Auckland airport. Warm, raining, exotic



Saturday I went on a guided tour by a retired couple of the university that Thomas knows, Pat and Alistair. They were extremely nice and took me all over the city and around. They were a great source of information and insights in kiwi culture.

the beach at New Brighton, so close! I'm definitely going to be (learning) surfing here next summer ...
On the pier they just made an unusual catch ... Unfortunately the cart fell down again into the deep ocean

On to Sumner where volcanic rock reaches down to the beach. And if you look very closely you can see South America at the horizon ;)
One of the oldest houses in ChCh
It used to belong to someone who obviously loved hunting. This is a moose from Canada, there were at least 20 more deer, elk and similar animals lining up the whole place
(By the way, a moose is really huge. I've never seen one alive, so the size of this part of a moose was really impressive)
In one of the many gardens of ChCh (the garden city)
The bathrooms up at the gondola station. Kiwis have a great sense of humour and are apparently not afraid to make fun of themselves