I did manage to get a “metrocard” which you charge with money and then you just “beep” the card getting on the bus and it takes off the fare automatically. Using the metrocard you get quite a discount on the fares and it’s just very handy. So I was very happy about that.
I went back to New Brighton to the beach and just sat on the beach and had fish&chips from a Chinese shop, which I wouldn’t recommend. The weather was still lovely and I got a slight sunburn even though I put on sunscreen. The ozone hole is still there after all …
Then I strolled through ChCh centre and enjoyed how relaxed and quiet things were. Most shops were open but there was nothing of the frenzied shopping going on such as in Freiburg on Saturdays or Amsterdam on Sundays. And it is a really neat little town, so many flowers and restaurants and cafes!
The famous cathedral on cathedral square