Naja. This walk today was over the Bridle path, which is how the earliest settlers came to ChCh. The boats would dock in Lyttelton, which is over a hill from Christchurch and they’ve build a tunnel in the meantime, but back in the days the only way to get from the port to the now-city-back-then-swamp (why the hell did they want to go there if it was just a bloody swamp?!) was over the hill. Pat and Alistair had told me about it and shown me a bit of the path, and told me how everything including pianos was transported over that path. So I figured, if pianos can do that, so can I. But bloody kiwi, it was horrendously steep. And there were all these very fit women practically running up the hill as a part of their daily exercise routine and I was afraid I would have a heart attack. Man, I felt really bad about myself. It’s not as if I didn’t have any exercise lately, and I did a lot of hiking only 2 weeks ago. So I’m just hoping I felt so bad because I slept badly and I walked half the city yesterday already. I just cannot be this much out of shape.
But the walk was nice. Not very quiet and peaceful as I like my hiking to be, with all the exercise ladies and mountain bikers and the noise from the road in the background, but it was sunny and I had a nice view over the city and towards the Alps again. But I had a hard time imagining how anyone would bring a piano over that mean little hill...