Monday morning at work:
knock knock …
Hi Ian, come in
Just wanted to ask if you still like him???
Hahaha, yes I do! It’s just a bit getting used to having him around all the time now …
After I had made it to the airport by car, found a parking spot, found the international terminal and arrivals (not really hard, but not being used to small airports it is a bit surprising that you walk in, and are where you want to be. No skytrains, shuttle busses, 45 stairs and elevators), I waited a good while, imagining the worst scenarios (not allowed in and send back, airplane disappeared), but then there he was, the amazing Thomas. With nothing but a handbag (or rather the male equivalent of a small backpack). I let out a happy “ooh!” and ran to meet him, noticing lots of smiling people as I rushed past them. In 1 second and 1 kiss, those 8 months were swoosh, gone.
While his big backpack made a tour through Australia, we had a lovely weekend, apart from many confusing phone calls with jetstar airlines. His bag finally turned up today luckily.
knock knock …
Hi Ian, come in
Just wanted to ask if you still like him???
Hahaha, yes I do! It’s just a bit getting used to having him around all the time now …
After I had made it to the airport by car, found a parking spot, found the international terminal and arrivals (not really hard, but not being used to small airports it is a bit surprising that you walk in, and are where you want to be. No skytrains, shuttle busses, 45 stairs and elevators), I waited a good while, imagining the worst scenarios (not allowed in and send back, airplane disappeared), but then there he was, the amazing Thomas. With nothing but a handbag (or rather the male equivalent of a small backpack). I let out a happy “ooh!” and ran to meet him, noticing lots of smiling people as I rushed past them. In 1 second and 1 kiss, those 8 months were swoosh, gone.
While his big backpack made a tour through Australia, we had a lovely weekend, apart from many confusing phone calls with jetstar airlines. His bag finally turned up today luckily.
We went to the beach. Just to make all of you jealous.
(deze foto is voor Marieke, je weet wel waarom!)

And we went for a little hike in the sun.
Thomas' first sheep in NZ, a historic moment
Many more adventures to come. Don’t worry, I will keep posting!