Friday, 24 December 2010

an attempt at Kiwi English

In Kaikoura we did a spontaneous christmas video. It's in Dutch, an attempt at Kiwi, and an attempt at Dutch ...


I had champagne breakfast at work today (24th) and we sang some christmas songs with the Waiata group. Also ... tadadaaaa ... I won the christmas challenge bake-off in the "taste" category!!! The strawberry rhubarb tarts sure were a succes!
Note the Santa Claus earring

We had to leave the building by 12:30 and so I had half a day at home with Thomas to deal with the household and our upcoming trip. We had a huga taco-dinner and lots of wine and now we need to go for a walk or we'll have aching bellies well into christmas day.

Tomorrow we'll go for lunch at Gareth and Penny's, and pack the car for our THREE WEEK EXPLORATION of the Northern South Island and the Southern North Island, more or less.