Friday, 10 December 2010

12 months of Nina in Freiburg and Kiwihorizons

A true bloggers tradition (that I’ve never followed in all my years as a blogger) is to post all first sentences of the months of the past year. So here they are, plus titles. I think it is an excellent overview of what kept me busy in 2010, except that my horrendous fieldwork adventures were always in the middle of the month. However, in 2011 I’ll start 2 months with fieldwork, at least, so that will make up for it.

January
Happy 2010!
An update:
I spend new year´s eve in Amsterdam with some good friends, a lot of good food and even more traditional spherical Dutch donuts

February
Quick update on the visa
I phoned the embassy today since I didn't hear anything...
(this was still on my own visa, which in retrospect was the easiest thing ever)

March
Old friends
Last weekend two of my Dutch friends came to visit

April on the old blog …
pictures
The last days Thomas and me spend a nice amount of time together, hiking, eating, drinking tea, and watching movies.

April on the new (current) blog
Welcome!
Hello and welcome to this blog!

May
I am back online!
It would be too much details to explain exactly how I managed to FINALLY get a phone line and internet at home, and I guess in the end it wasn’t too difficult really, just the usual miscommunication and all that.

June
Another vampire made it to ChCh
ohmygosh!!!
(still haven’t read the book by the way)

July
Oh Canada
That should be self explanatory ...

August
More on cycling
Luckily it appears I am not alone in my outrage towards NZ cycling. This is from a brochure by "Cycling Support NZ Inc"

September
OK
I am, still, ok!
(my first earthquake post, when the earth was still shaking violently and I still thought I would drown in a tsunami)

October
Where would you go?
As you probably do not know, Australia had federal elections a wee while ago.

November
colour uncoordinated on a bicycle
With one of the worst self-timer photos in my humble amateur photographer career I proudly present my new bicycle.

December
't heerlijk avondje is gekomen
Zie ginds komt de stoomboot uit Spanje weer aan


Unbelievable how fast the year seems to have gone by. But there’s still plenty of December to enjoy!