Did not sleep much. Woke up almost every hour or so to a tremor, some were quite substantial too. But slept nonetheless. When I went to bed I wondered if I shouldn'd cycle over to Gareth & family or so, being alone wasn't realy great. But I had on a light and the radio untl I felt safe enough to doze off a little and finelly get some sleep.
I slept in the living room on my futton with a bag full of first-aid, water, muesli bars, passport, money and a warm jacket ready 1 meter away at the door. I hope I won;t have to do this the rest of my life out of fear ;)
This morning the weather forecasts a really strong storm this afternoon and night. Oh joy. It might even reach hurricane-like windspeeds. So we have to prepare for (another) power and water outing and get supplies ready. I'll see what's left at the supermarket ... I have a good amount of food and water and batteries ready so even when I can't find more I should be ok.
Took a shower despite being scared of having to run naked and covered with shampoo out on the street and despite that we have to safe water. Didn't shower yesterday and only twice flushed the toilet and I feel muuuuuch better after this (large tremor just as I typed that) shower although there was a tremor during it and I jumped out and the whole bathroom is soaked in soapy water.
I have the feeling the tremors are not at all getting less in either frequency or magnitude. Notr am I getting used to it.
Perhaps later today the full second by second recap of the large quake, but I want to gather food first and will go and see Gareth & Penny & Ben to see how they are, to talk to friendly known faces and discuss about work tomorrow. Can hardly believe at this point busses will be running tomorrow. Just checked work email, apparently everything is undamaged, just some books and stuff lying around, and we can all come on Monday.
Still nervous the whole time and not looking forward to that storm.