“Nice colleagues” is a label I use to tag posts about my nice colleagues. Today I will write a whole post about them.
I was having lunch with several colleagues, when Sarah asked “So when is Thomas coming, Nina?”
My reply: “ha… hmm… well … … oh … sigh … I don’t know …”
Everybody went “ooooooh poor Nina! What is going on??”
So I explained how we are collecting every possible document proving every possible event, how it needs to be translated, copied, certified, signed, express-send, etc. How we need documents from the NL, from Germany, from NZ, how they all go around the world a few times, and how there is always another document missing.
“ooooh Nina that is awful! You must be missing him so much!”
Then everybody told me his or her personal immigration story. How the NZ official said “Grph. They should have given the job to a kiwi, not to you”. How a couple could only prove to be partners with a document stating their enrollment in a puppy-training-course together (“we don’t even have that!” I exclaimed). How a girl’s name changed after she got married and the only document she had proving that said “This is NOT an official document”. But, they’re all here now, all with partner and puppy, so it should work. I am positive.
And it was just nice to have everyone feeling sorry for us. Everyone is so nice, it really helps. It’s still a long way still from how I regarded my Freiburg colleagues as close friends, but it is a start.
(Oh by the way Freiburg friends, I MISS YOU)
I was having lunch with several colleagues, when Sarah asked “So when is Thomas coming, Nina?”
My reply: “ha… hmm… well … … oh … sigh … I don’t know …”
Everybody went “ooooooh poor Nina! What is going on??”
So I explained how we are collecting every possible document proving every possible event, how it needs to be translated, copied, certified, signed, express-send, etc. How we need documents from the NL, from Germany, from NZ, how they all go around the world a few times, and how there is always another document missing.
“ooooh Nina that is awful! You must be missing him so much!”
Then everybody told me his or her personal immigration story. How the NZ official said “Grph. They should have given the job to a kiwi, not to you”. How a couple could only prove to be partners with a document stating their enrollment in a puppy-training-course together (“we don’t even have that!” I exclaimed). How a girl’s name changed after she got married and the only document she had proving that said “This is NOT an official document”. But, they’re all here now, all with partner and puppy, so it should work. I am positive.
And it was just nice to have everyone feeling sorry for us. Everyone is so nice, it really helps. It’s still a long way still from how I regarded my Freiburg colleagues as close friends, but it is a start.
(Oh by the way Freiburg friends, I MISS YOU)