I've never felt so happy to be Dutch before, and that while I have never been this far away from the country before ...
Today's match, or technically yesterday's match, I watched at work. It started 6:30 am here, and the computer guys were going to have a breakfast party. I took the first bus, which got me there 20 minutes after the match had started and I thus missed the first goal. But the busdriver, who is also on the 8:18 bus that I usually take, was fun. First, he was really surprised "Woah! You're early! What heppened?". After I explained, he chatted the whole ride with me about football and rugby, and during his 1 minute break to buy a newspaper, he brought me an apple, hahaha how sweet is that! He was my favourite busdriver already, but now he might become my best friend, haha...
Anyway, th computer guys were a lot of fun, and they thought I was a lot of fun because unlike them I cared a lot about who would win the game, and not about who shot the most beautiful goal. I was wearing my orange scarf and beanie (= kiwi for hat) again, and apparently I shifted my bodyposture according to the amount of goals which they found hilarious. "Look! She is in "ohmygod Uruguay scored"-position again! Leaning forward, tapping her feet, hahahahaha!".
The computer guys were also ful of good jokes ("we can go home ealy today after we started working at 6:30 ... This is team building, staff development!") and a good sense of self-humour too ("Oh God! Look at that Diego (one long haired Uruguayan)! He looks like a computer guy from 20 years ago! When we still had hair!").
The last minutes were so godawful exciting that I hardly noticed that a crowd had gathered behind us and as they whistle was finally blown, like 2 minutes late?!?!?! someone patted me on the head saying, you can relax now Nina ...
Waaaaaah, what a match, and what a feeling!