Sunday, 25 July 2010

"Could you do a haka?"

Wahahahaaaa!
Y'all remember what a haka is, right?
I’ve been waiting impatiently over a week to post this video… The story:

A very good friend of mine is getting married in the Netherlands. After long internal debate, I decided not to go. Thousands of dollars, days of travel, kilograms of CO2, that sort of thing.
As a result I also missed the bachelorette party. I had it in mind to shoot a little video message, just saying "hello". But then the organizers told me a bit of their plans and suggested I could think of an assignment for her, as they were all making her do something. So I thought a bit about it and came up with some nice (crazy and embarrassing) ideas. I set off to the beach to have a nice location to film myself telling her what to do.

Part of the message was filmed by the Canadians on their last night in town, but at the beach I had to film myself, which was a bit awkward at first but soon I was just having a lot of fun. Considering I also talk loudly to myself in the supermarket I think it is about time I had some more company at home, but we are working on that.

As I was walking on the pier, 4 guys came running along, wearing suit jackets, ties, colourful shorts and not much else really. As they sped past I realized this was first class material for a bachelorette party. So I waited for them to run back, hoping they wouldn’t jump into the ocean at the end of the pier, as I had no clue as to what they were up to.

So, this is where the video starts. The rest is self explanatory. Enjoy some real New Zealand craziness, brought to you by your local reporter at Brighton beach...