Finally a blog post from the far South.
It will be short though. The last 3 weeks my friends were here and we went on a one week trip with them to the far, far South of the South Island. When we were not on the trip I frantically tried to grind my way, literally, through all my samples. And now it is Easter weekend and Thomas and me will be away again, hiking some hills in the Mount Cook/Aoraki area.
So first I’ll just entertain you with the highlights of the trip with Sandra & Marlies. Those highlights were, in no particular order, undamaged cities, bookshops, penguins, apples, gourmet food, jam, loop tracks, apples, and penguins. And the phrase “for future reference”.
Before I launch into elaborate details of the trip with hundreds of photos, some video compilations. For future reference. In the meantime, if you can read Dutch, you might want to read what Sandra & Marlies thought of the trip here.
The first video features a yellow-eyed penguin, or Hoiho. They are extremely rare/endangered, and really cute.
It will be short though. The last 3 weeks my friends were here and we went on a one week trip with them to the far, far South of the South Island. When we were not on the trip I frantically tried to grind my way, literally, through all my samples. And now it is Easter weekend and Thomas and me will be away again, hiking some hills in the Mount Cook/Aoraki area.
So first I’ll just entertain you with the highlights of the trip with Sandra & Marlies. Those highlights were, in no particular order, undamaged cities, bookshops, penguins, apples, gourmet food, jam, loop tracks, apples, and penguins. And the phrase “for future reference”.
Before I launch into elaborate details of the trip with hundreds of photos, some video compilations. For future reference. In the meantime, if you can read Dutch, you might want to read what Sandra & Marlies thought of the trip here.
The first video features a yellow-eyed penguin, or Hoiho. They are extremely rare/endangered, and really cute.
The second video features me, in true penguin style hopping from one Moeraki boulder to the next. This is for all of you far away overseas who miss my displays of balance and elegance.
More on the trip later...